About our building control service
The building control process checks that buildings are properly designed and constructed, in accordance with Building Regulations and associated legislation. This ensures the health, safety, welfare and convenience of people who use them.
Site inspection notifications during the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation
We offer a professional and responsive building control service, run by experienced and highly qualified surveyors. Our service is available to anyone who needs building regulations advice and approval, from small domestic extensions to large scale developments.
Upon acceptance of your application we will allocate an area surveyor to discuss your requirements and look at options such as fast-track or staged approvals and short-notice site inspections.
Benefits of using our service include:
- free pre-application advice – call us on 01454 868004 for an informal discussion or to arrange a site visit before any work begins
- competitive rates for building regulation applications
- applications can be made over the phone, you may then be able to start work immediately
- warranties available on all types of building work through the Local Authority Building Control scheme
- friendly, practical and expert advice
Our Customer Care Charter sets out how we operate our service fairly, timely and consistently. Our aim is promoting the safety, accessibility and sustainability of buildings. We also welcome feedback to help us monitor and improve our service.