Terms and conditions for the technology enabled care service
Before you request our technology enabled care service you must accept the terms and conditions below.
Technology enabled care service
Our technology enabled care service is provided by Seniorlink Eldercare (referred to below as the monitoring centre).
To use this service you agree to:
- provide a telephone line with a standard plug-in connection (except for a GSM service. GSM stands for Global System for Mobile Communications, used by mobile devices) and an electrical socket close together in a suitable position
- be responsible for the cost of the telephone line, rental, line repairs and calls
- provide contact details of persons to be contacted by the monitoring centre and ensure that the named contacts hold a key and are in agreement with their names being held on our records and those of the monitoring centre
- use the equipment as instructed in genuine emergency situations only, and not to remove the SIM card (applicable for GSM services only) for use in other devices
- take reasonable care of the equipment and pay us all reasonable costs for replacement or repair in the event of damage occurring or the loss of equipment
- pay for the service by direct debit
- make a test call every month to the monitoring centre from the pendant and other technology enabled care items if fitted
- authorise our officers and other persons authorised by us to enter your premises in order to provide assistance in an emergency – all our staff have an Enhanced adult and child Disclosure and Barring check (DBS), formerly known as a CRB check
- report faults or damage to us or the monitoring centre
- make no claim against us in respect of damage done to property following forced entry in order to provide assistance in the event of an emergency
- return the equipment, when the service is no longer needed, to one of our One Stop Shops – if this is not possible you should contact the monitoring centre for advice (rental and monitoring fees will continue until the equipment is returned to us)
- your details being held on our records and those of the monitoring centre to provide the technology enabled care service
We will agree to:
- install the technology assisted care equipment
- arrange for the repair or replacement of faulty technology assisted care equipment
- where there is a total failure of the equipment, we will aim to repair or replace on the next working day (except weekends or bank holidays) – there may be circumstances beyond our control when this is not possible
We are not responsible for:
- breakdown in service caused by defects in your telephone equipment, line or connected equipment, or loss of mobile network signal in the case of GSM services
- advice given by the monitoring centre
- failure of the service due to telephone handsets being ‘left off the hook’ and other circumstances beyond our control
- repair of minor damage to decoration which may occur during installation and/or removal
We reserve the right to end the service at the discretion of the service coordinator in the case of misuse or non-payment if a charge applies.
You can check the charges for technology enabled care on the cost and payment page. Charges may be reviewed by us at any time.
Rental and monitoring charges remain payable during periods of respite, hospital admission and temporary residential care, while the equipment is still in your home.
Payment for the initial installation and subsequent service is by direct debit. One-off charges for replacement of lost equipment will be invoiced. For more information contact our Customer Service Desk on 01454 868007.
Your personal information
When the service is no longer needed, you must return the equipment to one of our One Stop Shops. If this is not possible you should contact the Control Centre for advice.
Changes to your service
Variation of terms
We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions and amend the charges for the service.
Statutory rights and right to cancel
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.