Public Access services for planning, building control and licensing applications will be unavailable 27 and 28 April due to essential maintenance.

Given the choice most people want to stay living safely in their own home, for as long as possible.

Sometimes adults need help with their care and support needs to live independently.

We want to make sure the right support is there for you at the right time and in ways that really make a difference to help you stay as independent as possible.

How to manage your own care and stay independent

You can find a range of information, advice and guidance to help you take more control in managing your own care to have your needs met in ways that best suit you.

Find our information for adults pages for details of local organisations, support, community groups, events and activities to help you stay independent and active.

What you might need help with

You may need help with equipment to help with the daily tasks you are finding difficult, technology to create a safer home environment or an assessment to work out the help required for your care and support needs.

You can find help by requesting:

Funding your care and support

For care arranged by us you can ask for an estimate of how much you may need to pay towards it.

You can contact us by:

You can find more information on care and support charges and financial assessments on our funding care and support page.

Asking someone to act on your behalf

You can ask someone you know to act on your behalf if you need help managing council services.

How to set it up

To do this you must first set up a South Gloucestershire online account with your email address and a password. Once logged in to your account, you can then send an ‘Act on behalf of’ request to the person you would like to help you.

The person you nominate to act on your behalf will receive an email informing them about your request. The email includes a link for them to log in to their account and either accept or decline your request.

If they do not already have a South Gloucestershire Council online account, they will need to set one up before they can see your request.

If your nominee does not live in South Gloucestershire

If the person you nominate does not live in South Gloucestershire, they should still select the ‘resident’ option when creating a new account to manage your services with the council on your behalf.  

More information about the online account

See our South Gloucestershire Council online account and digital services page for more information about the online account.

The Care Act

The Care Act helps make care and support, and the way everyone pays for it, clearer, easier to access and more consistent across England

Find out more on The Care Act 2014 page.

Beta This is our beta website