Check the cost and how to pay
When you request technology enabled care, we will contact you to arrange a home visit so we can recommend the most suitable solution.
The cost of technology enabled care depends on the sensors and alarms you have, the charges are set out below:
- £30 one-off installation charge
- £16.30 per month for a basic lifeline and pendant or wrist alarm
- £22.80 per month for a basic lifeline plus additional sensors (for example linked smoke alarms, bed monitor)
- £29.80 per month for a GSM linked unit (without a telephone line. GSM stands for Global System for Mobile Communications, used by mobile devices)
- £36.40 per month for a GSM linked unit with additional sensors
These charges do not include VAT. You may be exempt from VAT if you make a declaration.
There is no further installation charge for additional sensors added at a later date.
The charge for lost or damaged equipment, will include the cost of the equipment plus £16 for delivery and re-installation.
If a sensor or alarm is activated, you may also pay for the cost of the phone call to the monitoring centre.
I you would like more information about the charges for the different sensors and alarms you can speak to a member of our Telecare team on 01454 866898.
Payment for the initial installation and subsequent service is by direct debit.
You will receive a form to set up the direct debit. If you need help completing the form, let the Telecare installer know.