Tell us about a problem with a manhole cover on a road, footpath or cycleway.

This could be that a cover is:

  • missing
  • damaged
  • loose
  • noisy when traffic passes over it

How to report it

You can either do this:

  • by signing in or registering for a South Gloucestershire Council account
  • as a guest (we will ask for your phone number and email address, but you do not have to give it)

You can also upload a photo to help us find the problem.

Report a problem with an manhole cover

What happens next

We will inspect the problem sometime between 2 hours and 10 days after you report it. This depends on how serious it is.

We then decide whether to:

  • fix the problem
  • refer it to someone else (for example, a utility company )
  • add it to our long-term programme of work

If we feel that no further action is needed at this time we will close the report.

Privacy notice

Find out how we collect, use and share your data in our privacy notice for reporting a problem with a road, footpath or cycleway.

Beta This is our beta website