Public Access services for planning, building control and licensing applications will be unavailable from midday to 4pm on Saturday 9 March. This is due to essential maintenance.

You can use our housing options service HomeChoice to help you find a home. This covers housing advice and options for social housing including the housing register (waiting list).

How to use HomeChoice

To use this service to help you find you a suitable home you can:

  • register your details
  • complete our housing options ‘wizard’ to show you options that you could consider  
  • apply to the housing register 
  • search for available properties 
  • apply for a property 
  • view results of previous lettings
  • let us know of any changes in your circumstances  

Your first step is to complete our housing options wizard. This asks you a series of questions and then gives you a summary of options.

There is a high demand for housing in the district and a shortage of suitable properties so it is important that you consider all housing options.

For more information including the qualification criteria you need to meet to register with Homechoice you can read our guide to HomeChoice and our HomeChoice lettings policy and procedure.

If you need assistance to apply to the housing register you can contact 01454 868005.

When you have registered we will send you confirmation of:

  • your registration number 
  • your priority for housing 
  • the size and type of properties you are eligible for

Once you receive your registration details you can bid for properties that you are interested in. 

If you are already registered with HomeChoice and think you could be entitled to higher banding, read our HomeChoice panel criteria and HomeChoice bedroom eligibility documents.

Housing exchanges

If you are a housing association or council tenant and you wish to move home you can consider exchanging properties with another tenant. This is also called mutual exchange.

Homeswapper is a national register that provides a list of all the homes available for exchange across the country.  

You can advertise your home and look for people to exchange with through Homeswapper. 

If you have questions about swapping your home you can speak to your association’s housing officer. 

Council housing

Our housing stock was transferred to Merlin Housing which is now Bromford Housing Association.

Buying your home

If you are a housing association tenant and you want to find out if you are eligible to buy your property you should contact your housing association directly.

Beta This is our beta website