Information on potential strike action affecting waste and recycling services 12-18 June and 26 June-9 July.

Our online services for planning, building control and licensing applications will be unavailable on Saturday 10 June from 2pm to 4pm. This is due to essential maintenance.

Empty properties are wasted homes so we work with local property owners to help bring empty private properties back into local housing use. 

How we can help

If you own an empty property and would like advice on the options for bringing it back into use you can contact us at

Our housing scheme SG Homes includes a full lettings and management service to help you let your property.  

We can give you advice on your legal responsibilities to help you avoid enforcement action.

If your property has been empty for over two years we can advise you on VAT relief on renovation costs. 

If you are interested in selling your property we can help to match you with interested purchasers.

Home repair loans

We have council funded loans for homeowners requiring essential repairs to their properties.  These loans are delivered for us by Lendology. 

Loans are available for most home repairs, energy improvements including renewables and for bringing empty homes back into use.

Lendology are a community interest company and an ethical lender. They work with you to identify the best type of loan for your situation. 

Report an empty home

You can let us know about a property that has been empty for a long time and is causing concerns by contacting the private sector housing team at

You can also report an empty private property using the online form on the website for the West of England empty property initiative website. 

Beta This is our beta website, your feedback can help us improve it.