Report a problem with a zebra crossing
Tell us if you spot a problem with a zebra crossing that has:
- a damaged post or light cover
- lights not working properly
Reporting the problem will help us fix it sooner.
We have a separate process if a crossing has road markings that are faded or missing.
How to report it
You can do this online either:
- by signing in or registering for an online account
- without an account as a guest – we will ask for your phone number and email address, but you do not have to give them
You will be asked to pinpoint the location of the crossing on a map. It will also help if you can upload a photo of the problem.
What happens next
We will aim to:
- attend as soon as possible, and within 24 hours, if the problem could be dangerous
- fix the problem within 5 working days of it being reported
Some electrical problems may take longer to resolve, particularly if there is a fault with the electricity supply. This is because underground cable faults can take time to locate and may need to be fixed by the power supplier.
Find out how we collect, use and share your data in our privacy notice for reporting a problem with a zebra crossing.