Information on potential strike action affecting waste and recycling services 12-18 June and 26 June-9 July.

You can order a replacement marriage certificate or replacement civil partnership certificate using the application form on this page.

Replacement certificates can only be ordered for events that took place in South Gloucestershire.

You will need to provide the following in writing with your application:

  • full name of the person or people
  • date of the marriage or civil partnership
  • where the event took place, for example the name of the church for a marriage
  • your name, address and contact phone number (these details are necessary)
  • a stamped, self-addressed envelope for us to send the replacement certificate back 

We will phone you to take the payment by debit or credit card, so remember to include a daytime contact number with your application.

Download and print application form

If you have access to a printer you can download, print and complete a marriage certificate application form or civil partnership certificate application form. You can also visit the register office at Kingswood Civic Centre, High Street, Kingswood BS15 9TR to complete an application.

Where to send your application

Send your application to:

South Gloucestershire Register Office
Department for Resources and Business Change
PO Box 1953
BS37 0DE
Tel: 01454 863140 

Fees and payment

Each replacement certificate costs £11.

You can pay by card when you visit the Civic Centre at customer service desks.

Most church registers in South Gloucestershire are now deposited with us.

We will need the exact date of the wedding and the exact church before we can confirm if we have the entry. Without these details we cannot respond to your request.

To receive replacement certificates for events that took place in Bristol, please contact the Bristol register office on 0117 922 2800 or apply online.

Family history research 

If you are researching family history, a full range of general register office indexes are available on microfiche at the following locations: 

  • Birmingham central library 
  • Bridgend reference and information library
  • The British library
  • City of Westminster archives centre
  • Greater Manchester county record office
  • The London Metropolitan Archive
  • Plymouth central library 

As well as the birth, marriage and death indexes for the whole of England and Wales, indexes for recent events such as the adopted children register, civil partnerships and births, deaths and marriages of British citizens that have been registered overseas are also available. 

It is not possible to buy certificates at any of the above locations, although some may provide internet access to the general register office online certificate ordering service.

Beta This is our beta website, your feedback can help us improve it.