Renewal of vows ceremonies
A renewal of vows ceremony is for couples wishing to renew their marriage vows or civil partnership commitment.
- the ceremony provides an opportunity to celebrate the happiness of your marriage or civil partnership again
- if you were married or registered your civil partnership abroad, this gives you an opportunity to renew your vows in a ceremony with family and friends who were unable to travel
You can rededicate your rings or exchange new rings or special gifts to mark the occasion. You can also include poems or readings. Many couples often choose two friends or family members to act as honorary witnesses to this special event.
Where ceremonies can be held
Ceremonies can be held at our register office, any of our approved venues or at any function room or hall such as a hotel, social club or community hall. If you have a ceremony at a function room or hall, you are responsible for booking the venue and paying the hire fee.
The South Gloucestershire Register Office
Kingswood Civic Centre
The venue must have a fire certificate for public or private functions and conform to health and safety regulations. Our ceremonies brochure has more information on venues in South Gloucestershire.
Before you confirm with your venue, please check that we can provide a celebrant to conduct the ceremony on the date and at the time you want. You will be asked for proof of the booking when you meet with the Superintendent Registrar to discuss your ceremony.
The ceremony usually takes 15 minutes but can be extended depending on the number of options and readings chosen.
Ceremonies can include
- introductions and welcome
- acknowledgement of any children from the marriage
- renewal of vows
- re-dedication of rings or giving of new rings or gifts
- signing of the record
- photo opportunity
- closing words
At the end of the ceremony you will be presented with a commemorative certificate.
It should be noted that a renewal of vows ceremony has no legal status. The certificate issued is purely celebratory and cannot be used for any legal purpose.
Fees and booking
- Monday to Friday (maximum 4 guests) £210
- Monday to Thursday £268
- Friday and Saturday £310
- Sunday and bank holidays £352
There is a £50 non-refundable non-transferable booking fee required when booking. The remaining balance is due eight weeks before the ceremony.
To book a renewal of vows ceremony contact us on 01454 863140.