A commitment ceremony is an opportunity for couples to celebrate their relationship and commitment to each other, who may not wish to or are unable to marry under the law.
The occasion can be shared with family and friends or can be held privately without guests.
Ceremonies can be held at our register office, any of our approved venues or at any function room or hall such as a hotel, social club or community hall. If you have a ceremony at a function room or hall, you are responsible for booking the venue and paying the hire fee.
The venue must have a fire certificate for public or private functions and conform to health and safety regulations.
Before you confirm with your venue, please check that we can provide a celebrant to carry out the ceremony on the date and at the time you want. You will be asked for proof of the booking when you meet with the Superintendent Registrar to discuss your ceremony.
For a personal ceremony with just 2 guests you can book our register office
The South Gloucestershire Register Office
Kingswood Civic Centre
List of approved premises
- Aztec Hotel, Aztec West, Almondsbury, BS32 4TS
- Berwick Lodge, Berwick Drive, Henbury, BS10 7TD
- Bristol Golf Club, Almondsbury, BS10 7TP
- Chipping Sodbury Town Hall, Chipping Sodbury, BS37 6AD
- The Compass Inn, Tormarton, GL9 1JB
- Double Tree by Hilton, Bristol, Woodlands Lane, Bradley Stoke BS32 4JF
- Eastwood Park, Falfield, GL12 8DA
- The Gables Hotel, Falfield, GL12 8DL
- Hamswell House, Hamswell, Bath BA1 9DG
- Memorial Woodlands, Earthcott Green, Alveston, BS35 3TA
- Mercure Bristol North, The Grange, Winterbourne BS36 1RP
- Old Down Manor, Foxholes Lane, Tockington BS32 4PG
- Poole Court, Poole Court Drive, Yate BS37 5PP
- The Ship Inn, Thornbury Avenue, Alveston, Bristol BS35 3LL
- Thornbury Castle, Thornbury, BS35 1HH
- Thornbury Golf Centre, Bristol Road, Thornbury BS35 3XL
- Tortworth Court Four Pillars Hotel, Tortworth, GL12 8HH
- Tracy Park, Wick, BS30 5RN
- Village Hotel, Bristol, Bullfinch Close, Bristol BS34 6FG
- Winterbourne Medieval Barn, Church Lane BS36 1SE
If you cannot expand the section above, try refreshing your browser.
A commitment ceremony does not have any legal status and does not provide you with any legal rights or responsibilities.
Fees and booking
- Monday to Friday (maximum 2 guests) £241
- Monday to Thursday £310 (£325 from 1 April 2023)
- Friday and Saturday £357 (£375 from 1 April 2023)
- Sunday and bank holidays £409 (£430 from 1 April 2023)
There is a £50 (£60 from 1 April 2023) non-refundable non-transferable booking fee required when booking. The remaining balance is due eight weeks before the ceremony.
Changes to bookings