You can register a building for conducting marriages and/or civil partnerships. 

You will need to:

  • download, print out and complete two identical copies of the application form 
  • submit your application in duplicate together with any additional information required 
  • include the fee of £123 (cheques made payable to South Gloucestershire Council) 

Download and print application form

If you have access to a printer you can download, print and complete an application form.

You can also visit the register office to complete an application at:  

Kingswood Civic Centre
High Street
BS15 9TR

You should send your application to:

The Superintendent Registrar
South Gloucestershire Register Office
Department for Resources and Business Change
PO Box 1953
BS37 0DE

If you want the building be certified as a place of worship and registered for marriage at the same time, both application forms can be submitted together, along with the relevant fees and other necessary information. 

Forms for registering a building for worship must be dated before those for registering it for marriage.

Registering a place of worship for Civil Partnership 

Applications must be made by a proprietor or trustee of the religious building, with the necessary consents of the governing body of the religious denomination.   

For further information or to discuss your application contact the Superintendent Registrar by:


Beta This is our beta website