Coronavirus (Covid-19): service updates, support and health advice.

National rules and restrictions during coronavirus can be found on GOV.UK

You can use our online forms to apply, report or pay for something.

If you need to speak to someone you can contact us by phone.

Find an address to send us information by post.

For Covid-19 contact information use the directory below.

Covid-19 contact information directory

Support in South Gloucestershire

From the council

Freephone Covid-19 enquiries: 0800 953 7778

From Southern Brooks

Southern Brooks support communities across South Gloucestershire.

If you need advice around access to food, errands or wellbeing support as a result of coronavirus visit

People who are vulnerable

You can read the full information on our vulnerable people and carers page.

Care and support for adults

If you have concerns about your care or that of a family member and you need to speak to someone you can call the following number:

Adult Care team: 01454 868007


If you are concerned about an adult, contact the Safeguarding team:

Monday to Friday 9am ‐ 5pm: 01454 868007
Out of hours and at weekends: 01454 615165 

If you are concerned about a child, contact the Safeguarding team:

Monday to Friday 9am ‐ 5pm: 01454 866000
Out of hours and at weekends: 01454 615165  

If you are deaf or hard of hearing, text ‘EDT’ followed by your name and message to 60066. Texts will be charged at your standard network rate. You will be sent an immediate reply to confirm that your text has been received. An Emergency Duty Team Officer will contact you by text to discuss your concerns. This should happen within 30 minutes, although during busy periods it may take longer.

Call 999 if a crime is happening now or you or anyone else is in immediate danger.   

Next LinkDomestic abuse and violence 

If you require support from Next Link contact the team: 

Next Link duty helpline: 01179250680  

SEND information for families

You can read the full information on our SEND information for families page.

Enquiries can be made with the Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND) team:

Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm: 01454 866123

Support for carers

You can read the full information on our support for carers page.

Local support for carers 

The Carers Support Centre are supporting carers on the phone or via email and offering information and advice.  If you have any concerns, or just need a listening ear contact the Carers Support Centre: 

Carers Line – Monday to Friday 10am to 1pm and Monday to Thursday: 2pm – 4pm
(Closed on Bank Holidays): 0117 965 2200

If you have no support and you become unwell and unable to care, then call the number on your Carers Emergency Card, but only do so in the event of an emergency. If you do not have a Carers Emergency Card, register now. There is no charge.  

Register via the website: 

If you are unable to provide care and the person you care for needs support call: 

Adult care team: 01454 868007 

Children and young people team, if you are caring for a disabled child under 18:01454 868008 

Young carers 

If you have concerns about a young carer providing inappropriate or excessive care, contact: 

Access and Response Teams: 01454 866000 

The Carers Support Centre are in touch with and are providing support to the young carers and the families that they work with, or who have been referred to them for support. Contact the Carers Support Centre: 

Carers Line – Monday to Friday 10am to 1pm and Monday to Thursday: 2pm – 4pm
(Closed on Bank Holidays): 0117 965 2200

Hospital discharge 

There are dedicated workers to support carers with issues around hospital discharge, either relating to the carer or cared for person. 

Southmead Hospital:  

Sam Radford:07557 418 692

Bristol Royal Infirmary: 

Tracey Lathrope: 07557 441 613 

Angela Robinson: 07917 880375 

Health and wellbeing

You can read the full information on our health and wellbeing page.

NHS 111 

Follow the latest NHS guidance if you, or anyone in your household has any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy, minor injury unit or hospital. 

Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do. 

Visit the website: 

One You South Gloucestershire 

For support to continue staying healthy during this time, including support to stop smoking. The One You team can be contacted via: 

Web form:
One You : 01454865337 

Healthwatch South Gloucestershire  

For health information, community support or just a chat in this difficult time, a local charity Healthwatch South Gloucestershire are happy to help. 

Healthwatch team:07944 373235 (between 9:00 – 15:00 Monday to Friday) 

Financial support for residents

You can read the full information on our financial support for residents page.

If you are on benefits already, it is really important that you tell both us and the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) about any changes to your income so that we can adjust the amount you’re entitled to. You can do this by filling in a ‘change in circumstances’ form.  

Web form: 

If you have questions about filling in the form or need help with the questions, call the Benefits team on: 

Benefits team: 01454 868002 

You can tell DWP about a change to your circumstances by filling in a form on their website: 

Web form: 

Universal Credit 

If you’re not claiming benefits at the moment and you’re now unable to work or your income has dropped, as long as you fit the criteria, you can apply for Universal Credit or Employment Support Allowance. The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) manages this. 

Web form:
Department of Work and Pensions (DWP):  0800 328 5644 

Financial support for workers  

The government has announced a new £500 million Hardship Fund so local councils can financially support people. The Hardship Fund will be used to reduce by £150 the council tax payments for those eligible under our Local Council Tax Reduction Scheme. We will send a confirmation email or text message to those who are eligible if one has been provided by the customer previously. 

Additionally, the government is temporarily relaxing the minimum income you need to receive to apply for Universal Credit for people who are self-isolating. If this is you, you’ll be able to make a claim with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP): 

Department of Work and Pensions (DWP):0800 328 5644 

If you are worried about being able to pay tax as a result of COVID-19 coronavirus, call HMRC’s dedicated helpline. 

HMRC helpline: 0800 0159 559 

Information for residents – staying at home and social distancing rules

New public health regulations have granted police additional powers to enforce the Government’s guidance around Covid-19.

If you have concerns that an individual or business has breached the restrictions, you can report it to Avon and Somerset Police.

Web form:
Avon and Somerset Police (non-emergencies): 101
Avon and Somerset Police (emergencies): 999

Information for businesses and employers 

You can read the full information on our information for businesses and employers page.

Government support available to businesses   

The government and South Gloucestershire Council have announced a number of support schemes which are available to businesses in South Gloucestershire including support if you are struggling to pay your business rates. Call us so that the Business Rates team can discuss alternative options with you. 

Business Rates team:01454 867700. 

For local business grants, visit our national and local restrictions business grants page.

Education and support for children and young people

You can read the full information on our schools, education and childcare page.

Support for children 

If you have any concerns about a child and you need to contact us, you can get in contact with the Access and Response Teams (ART). 


Schools and colleges 

For any queries regarding schools, colleges and early years settings, contact your child’s school for specific information and updates.  

More general enquiries can be made by contacting the Children, Adults and Health Business Support team:  

Children, Adults and Health Business Support team: 01454 864879

Early Years 

The Early Years’ Service (EYFS) supports all South Gloucestershire early years settings and child minders with any aspects of EYFS provision and early years SEND.  

Enquiries to the EYFS team can be made via phone or email. 

Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4:30pm: 01454 863355 

All queries come into the central contact point and will then be allocated accordingly.  

Changes to council services 

One Stop Shops

For details about visiting our One Stop Shops visit our changes to council services page.

You can book an appointment online to avoid queuing.

Web form: Appointment requests
Contact Centre: 01454 868009

Registration service 

For details about our registration service visit our changes to council services page.

Registration Service team: 01454 863140 

How to help 

We have created a directory of the community support groups in South Gloucestershire, check our get help and support page. To get your group added to the directory visit our Community Aid South Glos page.

Web form: submit details of your group
Community Aid: 01454 86 4886 

Changes to waste and recycling

You can read the full information on the changes to waste and recycling due to coronavirus (Covid-19) on our changes to waste and recycling page.

Clinical waste and sharps that need to be collected 

There are no changes to our clinical and sharps collections, carry on as normal if you already have a collection set up. If you need to set up a clinical waste collection or sharps collection you can check our dispose of clinical and medical waste page or contact our Street Care team. 

Street Care: 01454 868000 

Missed collections 

If your bin or recycling collection is missed report it to us the day after your collection, you can report it via: 

Web form: report a missed waste or recycling collection 

Answers to your questions

We have a Freephone number for Covid-19 enquiries. We can provide information and, if required, direct you to the right place for further help or advice.

Freephone: 0800 953 7778

Beta This is our beta website, your feedback can help us improve it.