If you are unhappy with our social care services or those we commission you can complain. We welcome feedback that helps us improve for the future.

The statutory complaints procedure for children’s social care is a 3-stage procedure. You can find out more about how the process works on our procedure document.

Support making a complaint

You can have support to make your complaint from a relative, friend or advocate.

Contact VoiceAbility who offer a free independent and professional advocacy service to help you make your complaint. Visit the VoiceAbility website to get in touch with them.

Children and young people involved with social services have access to a specialist free advocacy service provided by Reconstruct. Visit the Reconstruct website for more information.

Give feedback

You can find out more about the feedback process by reading our Your Feedback Counts factsheet which includes a copy of our feedback form.

How to make a complaint

If you wish to talk with us about your complaint then you can:

Complaints which do not fall under these procedures are considered under our complaints procedure.

If you have exhausted this complaints procedure then you can approach the local government ombudsman.

Beta This is our beta website