If you are unhappy with our social care services or those we commission you can complain. We welcome feedback that helps us improve for the future.

The statutory complaints procedure for adult social care and public health is a 2-stage procedure which includes:

  • consideration by us
  • independent review by the local government ombudsman

We will agree an individual complaint plan with you setting out who will investigate your complaint and by when.

Support making a complaint

You can have support to make your complaint from a relative, friend or advocate.

You can contact VoiceAbility. This is a free independent and professional advocacy service who can help you to make your complaint. You can contact VoiceAbility on 0300 303 1660, make an online referral or email helpline@voiceability.org.

Give feedback

You can find out more by downloading the Your Feedback Counts factsheet which contains a copy of our feedback form.

How to make a complaint

If you wish to talk with us about your complaint then you can phone us on 01454 865924 or you can email us at CAHFeedback@southglos.gov.uk

Privately arranged care

To make a complaint about care you have arranged privately, you should complain to the provider. By law care providers must operate a complaints procedure and they should give you a copy of their process.

If you are still unhappy with their response, or they have not resolved your complaint within 12 weeks, you can approach the local government ombudsman.

What happens next

All registered adult social care provider complaints are considered by the local government ombudsman. This happens whether they are commissioned by us or you are funding the service yourself.

Where appropriate we will work with other services or organisations involved in your care to jointly investigate and respond to your complaint. For example, if the complaint also relates to a service we commission. Complaints which do not fall under these procedures are considered under our complaints procedure.

You can find out more about the local government ombudsman’s service from their website.

Beta This is our beta website