We use our social media channels to communicate with residents, businesses and visitors about our services and campaigns.
You can find us on:
Our social media guidelines
All posts and comments on our accounts are to be civil, tasteful, and relevant. Please be kind, respectful and polite to other contributors and to our staff.
We welcome your comments and healthy, open, and insightful discussions that are relevant to the topic. We monitor the activity on all our social media channels and will remove any comments that do not follow our guidelines, without reference to the poster.
Your comments and posts must not:
- be unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, or sexually or racially offensive
- include content for which the poster does not own the copyright
- repeat the same message or very similar messages more than once
- publicise anyone’s personal information
- advertise commercial products or services
- promote political parties
We do not censor comments, but to keep our social media channels friendly and welcoming to all, we reserve the right to block anyone from posting or commenting who does not follow our guidelines.