Joint Local Transport Plan
Transport planning in our area is led by the West of England Combined Authority (WECA) working together with us, Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol and North Somerset councils.
The Joint Local Transport Plan plan shows the West of England joint vision for a sustainable transport network and how it connects people across the region.
To deliver that vision it sets out 5 key transport goals:
• reduce carbon emissions
• support economic growth
• promote accessibility
• contribute to better safety, security and health
• improve quality of life and a healthy natural environment
Joint Local Transport Plan 3
The Joint Local Transport Plan 3 (JLTP3) 2011 to 2026 is in three parts:
- the strategy which takes the long term policy view to 2026
- the delivery plan that sets out how we will implement proposals
- supplementary documents that have more detail about walking, parking, public transport, traffic management and freight, smarter choices, road safety, cycling and rural transport
Full details can be found on the WECA website.
Joint Local Transport Plan 4
The Joint Local Transport Plan 4 (JLTP4) looks at transport challenges up to 2036.
This new plan builds on the JTLP3. You can find it on the WECA website.