You could get rural business rate relief if your business is in a rural area with a population below 3,000.
You will not pay business rates if your business is in an eligible rural area and is:
- the only village shop or post office and has a rateable value of up to £8,500
- the only public house or petrol station and has a rateable value of up to £12,500
How to apply
If you think your business is eligible, contact us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- post: South Gloucestershire Council, Department for Resources and Business Changes, Revenues Services, PO Box 1952, Bristol, BS37 0DE
Make sure to quote the following information:
- billing number
- property address
- type of business (village shop, post office, public house or petrol station)
Once we have received your enquiry we will check if you business is situated in a rural area. If it is then we will invite you to make a formal application for rural rate relief.