Road and street cleaning
The core standard for highway and street scene cleaning services is provided to all areas of South Gloucestershire.
This includes essential services we provide such as:
- keeping the road network in a safe, clean and usable condition
- cutting grass on highways land and verges to maintain good visibility
- looking after trees and hedges on the highway
- keeping areas free of litter, weeds, graffiti, fly posting and fly tipping
- responding to emergencies to keep road users safe and the road network moving
- keeping priority routes clear of snow and ice
Road sweeping vehicles sweep the gutters of most kerbed roads on a scheduled basis. This removes any grit, mud leaves and general debris that has collected there.
We aim to complete all swept roads every 12 to 16 weeks.
We also have mini sweepers that sweep town centre pedestrian areas and some cycle routes.
You can use our online form to ask for a footpath, cycleway or road gutter to be swept.
Autumn leaf fall
During autumn leaf fall, we suspend routine sweeping so that we can divert resources into clearing leaves in priority areas.
We will also carry out responsive work following reports from residents.
You can also view the schedule (the 2016 schedule is still is use).
Enhanced street scene services
We have arrangements with some parish and town councils to provide locally funded enhanced services to meet local needs and priorities. These include:
- more frequent grass cutting
- maintain flower beds and hanging baskets
- providing and emptying dog waste bins
Town and parish councils decide on enhanced services so not all areas will have them.
We are not responsible for all roads and paths. You can check which are maintained by us and which are private on the FindMyStreet website.
Litter, dog fouling, abandoned vehicles, flooding and more can be reported online via our Report It page.