The Kingswood masterplan was published in May 2022. We worked with the local community, businesses and investors to develop a plan that will shape the future of Kingswood town centre for the next 15 to 20 years and beyond.
You can view the engagement and consultation documents, the consultation report and an equalities impact assessment on our consultation page.
You can view the masterplan here:
- Kingswood Masterplan landscape presentation version – less compatible for mobile devices
About the masterplan
The masterplan sets out the following guiding principles for development in Kingswood:
- maintain a distinctive and high-quality network of streets, spaces and mixed-use development
- provide a resilient and adaptable low carbon, sustainable environment
- strengthen the identity of Kingswood by bringing its rich history to the fore
- encourage sustainable urban lifestyles where daily necessities such as work, schools, shops and parks are within easy reach on foot or by bike.
It supports the key aims of our Local Plan, including the need to diversify our town centres, build strong local economies and respond to the climate emergency.
Themes and initiatives
The Kingswood masterplan has 4 key themes and 6 key initiatives.
Its themes are:
- strengthening the town’s cultural and historic heart
- enhancing and connecting green spaces
- providing a mixed commercial area
- creating opportunities for urban living
Its key initiatives are:
- Regent Street (East) pedestrianisation
- restoration of the Tabernacle
- Kingswood Park improvements
- better signage and accessibility
- investment in Kings Chase shopping centre
- enrichment of residential developments, streets and public spaces
Stay up to date
You can also keep up to date by signing up to our consultations.