An overpayment of Housing Benefit happens when we have paid you more benefit than you are entitled to. If you have been overpaid, we will usually ask you by letter to pay the money back.

When making a repayment, you will need your invoice number.

Make a repayment

You can make a repayment by:

  • using the online repayment form
  • visiting a post office or PayPoint (you will need to take your invoice to show the barcode and you can ask for a receipt as proof of payment)
  • cheque (made payable to South Gloucestershire Council)
  • standing order (contact 01454 865312 for further details)

Beta This is our beta website