You can find information below that provides help and advice for people with disabilities or long term health conditions.


Autism is a lifelong, developmental disorder that affects how a person communicates with and relates to other people and how they experience the world around them.

For information and support for people with autistic spectrum conditions and their carers visit our autism spectrum condition page.

Benefits and financial help

Visit GOV.UK for information about benefits and financial support if you are disabled or have a health condition.

You can also check our benefits and financial help section.

Community and public transport

Community transport

Community transport provides safe, accessible transport for people who cannot use public transport due to disability, age or lack of availability. 

Find out more on our community transport page.

Bus pass

You could be eligible for a Diamond Travelcard bus pass if you meet the disability criteria. This gives you free off-peak travel on local bus services anywhere in England.

If you are sight impaired you can apply for a Platinum Travelcard bus pass which gives you free travel at all times on local buses.

To find out more and check if you meet the criteria visit our bus passes section.


We provide support and resources to people living with dementia.

There are a range of services available. These include memory cafesday care centre and the Reading Well prescription service.

Find out more on our dementia care services page.


You can apply for a Blue Badge if you have severe mobility problems caused by visible and non-visible disabilities. You may also be able to apply for a disabled parking bay.

Find out about where you can park if you have a Blue Badge on our parking for Blue Badge holders page.

Mental health support

We provide lots of information on who to contact about mental health support services in South Gloucestershire on our One You website.

NHS continuing healthcare

Some people with long-term complex health needs qualify for free social care arranged and funded solely by the NHS.

Find out more on our NHS continuing healthcare page.

Register as disabled

Being registered as disabled can help you get concessions and benefits such as travel, parking and TV licence concessions.

Find out how to join the disability register.

SEND local offer

We provide help and support for families with children and young people (0 to 25) with special educational needs and disabilities.

Find our SEND local offer information and advice.

Sight and hearing

If you are experiencing problems with your sight or hearing, there is support available.

Find out more on our help and support with hearing loss and help and support with sight loss pages.

Support to live at home

There are different kinds of support and aids to help you with mobility and daily tasks around the home. For example adaptations like grab rails, kitchen equipment, sensors and alarms.

Find out more in our care and support for adults section, which also has information on our community meals service.

You may be eligible for a grant if you need to make adaptations to your home to meet the needs of a disabled person. Find out more on our Disabled Facilities Grant page.

Support for stroke survivors

We support people who are recovering from a stroke with a range of projects and activities.​

Find out more on our support for stroke survivors page.

Beta This is our beta website