You may be eligible for a grant if you need to make adaptations to your home to meet the needs of a disabled person.

A disabled facilities grant (DFG) can be used for people with disabilities who need to:

  • adapt their home to continue living independently  
  • find more suitable accommodation if their current home cannot be adapted

Who can get a grant

To get a grant you must:

  • be a homeowner or private tenant  
  • have an occupational therapy assessment that recommends an adaptation to your home

To find out if you are eligible you can read our guidance for making adaptations to your home  

What you need to do

If you think you are eligible for a grant you can download and complete an enquiry form  to ask for a test of financial resources.  You should return the completed form by email to or you can visit us at a One Stop Shop.

The results of this enquiry will identify if you need to contribute to the cost of work to make home adaptations for an adult with disabilities. 

Home adaptations for children with additional needs are not means tested.

Contact us for an assessment

Contact us on 01454 868007 to request an assessment of your needs by an occupational therapist.

Home adaptations

You can find further information on adaptations to your home and the Celestine Centre, our fully adapted property in Yate.

Service user Ian speaks to Senior Housing Officer Sarah about how some of the home adaptations on show at Celestine House will help him to live more independently.
You can also see how Ian is getting on after the upgrades were installed.

Beta This is our beta website