A gambling premises licence is needed for any premises where gambling is offered. 

Types of gambling that need a licence 

You must have a premises licence if you want to have any of these types of gambling businesses: 

  • casino 
  • bingo 
  • adult gaming centre 
  • family entertainment centre  
  • track and other sports betting 


To apply for a gambling premises licence, contact us by email to: licensing@southglos.gov.uk or call: 01454 868001

You must be: 

  • 18 years old or over 
  • a business manager, director or other person authorised to make a gambling application on behalf of a company or partnership


A licence will not be issued in respect of premises, defined as including any place, if those premises already have a premises licence in effect.

There is no reason in principle why a single building could not be subject to more than one premises licence if they are for different parts of the building and the different parts of the building can reasonably be regarded as being different premises.


A gambling premises licence is granted for the life of the business. You need to pay an annual fee on the anniversary date of the licence being granted. 

For fees, use our fees and charges information.     

Further information 

Visit the Gambling Commission website for more information about the type of gambling licence you need.  

Statement of principles

The Statement of Principles was agreed on 16 February 2022. This commenced on 10 March 2022.

Beta This is our beta website