Use ‘Revive’ the reuse shop
The reuse shop at Thornbury recycling centre is called ‘Revive’. It sells reusable items that have been brought to our recycling centres such as furniture, bikes, crockery, bric-a-brac, books, CD, DVD, picture frames and much more.
How it works
If you have any items that you would like to go to a good home, rather than be thrown away or recycled, you can take them to any of our recycling centres. Just ask a member of staff where you can leave them.
All of the reusable items are collected from each site and taken to the Thornbury Sort It recycling centre where they are sorted and put out for sale in the shop.
The shop is currently managed and funded by SUEZ, our waste contractor, and the sale of items is used to pay for the running of the shop. Reusing these items benefits the council because they don’t need to be sent elsewhere to be processed for recycling or disposal.
Location and opening times
Thornbury Sort It recycling centre, Short Way, Thornbury, BS35 3UT
The shop is open 8:30am to 1pm and 1:30pm to 4:15pm Monday to Sunday.
It is also open on bank holidays except Christmas Day and Boxing Day, when the recycling centre is closed.
What you can and can’t donate or buy
Items in a reusable condition that can be accepted include:
- battery powered items such as torches, toys, clocks etc.
- bags and luggage
- bicycles, bike racks
- building supplies in small quantities such as tiles, doors, coving
- crockery and cutlery
- furniture – large and small items with a valid fire safety label
- garden furniture, tools and equipment
- kitchen utensils, crockery and cutlery
- picture frames
- shoes and boots
- soft furnishings – with a valid fire safety label
- sports equipment – except safety equipment
*stuffed furniture and soft furnishings must have a valid fire safety label.
Items that can’t be accepted include:
- safety equipment – helmets, car seats, safety harnesses
- soft furnishings or furniture without a valid fire safety label
- items that use fuel – petrol powered lawn mowers and strimmers etc.
- mains powered items
- items that cannot be reused
If you are not sure, just check with a member of staff at the recycling centre.