You can request to review the personal information that we hold about you or someone else if they have given their consent. This is called a data subject rights request which includes subject access request.

You can request for your personal data held by us to be:

  • provided to you
  • corrected if you think it is wrong
  • restricted in how it is processed
  • destroyed in certain circumstances

There is no charge for making a request.

We have a separate process for handling third party information requests from police and other official agencies.

Before you start

Proof of identity

You need to confirm the identify of the person whose information you are requesting (the data subject).

We need to see the original of one of the following:

  • a full valid driving licence
  • UK birth certificate
  • UK certificate of registry of birth
  • UK adoption certificate
  • a full valid passport
  • ID card
  • Biometric card
  • travel documents issued by the Home Office
  • certificate of naturalisation or registration
  • Home Office standard acknowledgement letter (SAL)

You can bring the document to any one of our One Stop shops or put it in the post to us. In some cases we may accept a clear, legible copy.

If you send us original documents we will return them as soon as possible by recorded delivery.

If the data subject’s name has changed to that shown on the document, you must submit evidence to confirm this.

Proof of address

We require proof of address for the data subject, unless under the age of 18.

If you are applying on behalf of someone else, or for someone under the age of 18, you will also need to confirm your own identify and address.

The documents we accept to confirm address are:

  • a gas, electricity or water bill in the data subject’s name issued in the last 3 months
  • council tax demand in the data subject’s name issued within the last year
  • bank, building society or credit card statement in the data subject’s name issued within the last 3 months
  • letter to the data subject from a solicitor, social worker, probation officer or prison officer issued within the last 3 months

Make a data subject rights request

You must send us your request by email or letter.

You can download a data subject rights request form below to print, or save and complete offline.

Data subject rights request form (Word version)

Beta This is our beta website