Tell us about a problem with flooding on a public road, footpath, cycleway, open space or other surface.

It could be that the flooding is:

  • not clearing after it has been raining
  • causing disruption or a hazard
  • affecting your property

Examples of open space or other surface include parks, community gardens, cemeteries, fields or farmland.

If you need to report a different type of flooding, like a burst water main or problem with flooding from a sewer, river or motorway check our page about flooding.

If the flooding could be dangerous, call us on 01454 868000 (24 hours, 7 days a week)

Call 999 in an emergency

How to report it

Report the problem using the button below. There will be an option to upload a photo which can help us find the problem.

We will ask for your phone number and email address, but you do not have to give them.

What happens next  

We will aim to attend: 

  • as soon as possible, and within 24 hours, if the flooding could be dangerous
  • within 3 days if a road, footpath, cycleway or open space is currently flooding, has not cleared after it has been raining or the flooding is affecting your property  
  • within 10 days for other reported flooding problems   

   After the inspection we will:   

  • make the area safe   
  • fix the problem (if appropriate)  

If no action is needed we will close the report, but the information will be used to help us understand the impact of flooding and reduce future flood risk.

As the Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA) for South Gloucestershire, we will sometimes need to investigate the problem further to have a better understanding of what caused the flooding.

For more information about our responsibilities as LLFA, visit our local flood risk management page.

Privacy notice

Find out how we collect, use and share your data in our privacy notice for reporting flooding or a problem with a drain.

Beta This is our beta website