You must report parking problems to the police if the vehicle is causing an obstruction or hazard.

You can report to us any other parking infringements listed below.

Report to us

Report parking to us if someone has parked:

  • on double yellow lines
  • on single yellow lines outside the permitted hours (shown on local signs)
  • in a space for Blue Badge holders or in a residential parking bay, unless they are entitled to do so
  • in a marked taxi bay, cycle lane or bus lane
  • near a school entrance with keep clear school markings or in a bus stop

We try to visit the reported location as soon as possible but do not operate a reactive service and are unable to send an officer immediately.

If there is a danger to the public, please report it to the police on 101.

We are unable to issue Penalty Charge Notices based on evidence provided to us.

You can report a parking problem to us:

Report to the police

Report parking problems to the police if the vehicle is causing an obstruction or hazard by:

  • parking in a dangerous position such as on zig zag lines or other pedestrian crossings
  • parking opposite or within ten metres of a junction
  • parking over a dropped kerb
  • blocking a road or pavement which causes pedestrians to enter the road
  • preventing you from being able to park or get your vehicle off your driveway (try to find the owner and ask them to move the vehicle, before reporting)
  • preventing emergency vehicles from accessing an area

You can report a vehicle causing an obstruction to the police:

Beta This is our beta website, your feedback can help us improve it.