Report a parking problem
You must report parking problems to the police if the vehicle is causing an obstruction or hazard.
You can report to us any other parking infringements listed below.
Report to us
Report parking to us if someone has parked:
- on double yellow lines
- on single yellow lines outside the permitted hours (shown on local signs)
- in a space for Blue Badge holders or in a residential parking bay, unless they are entitled to do so
- in a marked taxi bay, cycle lane or bus lane
- near a school entrance with keep clear school markings or in a bus stop
We try to visit the reported location as soon as possible but do not operate a reactive service and are unable to send an officer immediately.
If there is a danger to the public, please report it to the police on 101.
We are unable to issue Penalty Charge Notices based on evidence provided to us.
You can report a parking problem to us:
Report to the police
Report parking problems to the police if the vehicle is causing an obstruction or hazard by:
- parking in a dangerous position such as on zig zag lines or other pedestrian crossings
- parking opposite or within ten metres of a junction
- parking over a dropped kerb
- blocking a road or pavement which causes pedestrians to enter the road
- preventing you from being able to park or get your vehicle off your driveway (try to find the owner and ask them to move the vehicle, before reporting)
- preventing emergency vehicles from accessing an area
You can report a vehicle causing an obstruction to the police:
- online – fill in Avon and Somerset Police’s general enquiry form
- by phone – call 101
- in person – at your local police station
Road marking request
If you have a concern about repeated vehicle access, obstruction or junction visibility, then you can request yellow lines or keep clear markings:
- by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- in writing – South Gloucestershire Council, Transportation Services, Assess and Decide Team, PO Box 1954, Bristol, BS37 0DD