Bus lane cameras help us to keep bus lanes free from traffic so that bus travel is easier and more reliable.

If you are issued a bus lane fine, also called a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN), you have 28 days to pay from the date it was served.

If you pay within 21 days of the PCN being served, the charge will be reduced by 50%.

All Penalty Charge Notices are issued by civil enforcement officers. Owner details are provided to us by the DVLA.

Pay your fine

To pay your fine online, you will need:

  • your reference number, starting with GS, which can be found on your Penalty Charge Notice 
  • your vehicle registration number

Other ways to pay

You can: 

  • phone our 24 hour automated line on 0345 245 0682
  • pay by post by sending a cheque or postal order along with the completed payment slip

Once the Penalty Charge Notice is paid, we close the case. If you wish to challenge, do not pay.

View the evidence 

If you receive a fine, the letter will contain a code. You can use that code to log in to see evidence of the contravention. 

Where our bus lane cameras are located

  • Highwood Road, Patchway (eastbound and westbound) 
  • New Road/Brierly Furlong in Stoke Gifford 
  • Gloucester Road in Aztec West 
  • Bradley Stoke Way junction onto A38 (southbound) 
  • Bradley Stoke Way southbound at the junction with Great Stoke roundabout and Winterbourne Road 
  • Coldharbour Lane (by UWE roundabout) 
  • Regent Street Kingswood 
  • Filton Avenue southbound onto Station Road 
  • Stoke Gifford Bypass northbound (just before Parkway roundabout) 
  • Bradley Stoke Way northbound (before Patchway Brook roundabout) 

Temporary bus lane cameras can also be deployed in other locations.

If you cannot expand the section above, try refreshing your browser.

Challenge a fine 

Challenging a fine is called a formal representation. You can challenge a fine by: 

  • completing our formal representation form online 
  • writing to us by post at: South Gloucestershire Council, Department for Place, Parking Services, PO Box 1954, BS37 0DD

What happens if I challenge a fine 

If you challenge a fine within the discounted period, you will still have a chance to pay at the discounted rate if you are rejected. 

After receiving your Penalty Charge Notice, you have 28 days to challenge. When we receive your formal representation, your case is put on hold and no further action will be taken until we have reviewed and responded.  

If your representation is accepted, you will be sent a response telling you this and there will be nothing to pay. 

If your representation is rejected, you will receive a Notice of Rejection. This will advise you that you can either pay the charge or challenge to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal who are the independent adjudicator. You cannot challenge to the adjudicator until you have received your Notice of Rejection.

What happens if I do not pay  

You will have to pay the full charge if you do not pay or challenge your PCN within the discounted period.

If the fine remains unpaid after 28 days, then a charge certificate is sent and the charge is increased by 50%. 

If the charge certificate is not paid within 14 days of service, an Order of Recovery is sent out and the debt is registered at the Traffic Enforcement Centre. A £9 charge will be added when the debt is registered.

If the debt remains unpaid after a further 21 days, the debt is sent to an enforcement agent.  

Get independent advice 

You can get independent advice on driving and parking fines and the enforcement of PCNs from PATROL. 

Beta This is our beta website