Children and Young People’s Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Needs Assessment
About the needs assessment
The Children and Young People’s Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Needs Assessment reports on the mental health and wellbeing needs for children and young people in South Gloucestershire.
It brings together data and evidence with the experiences and views of children and young people, parents and carers and the professionals who work with them.
This helps us to develop plans and a strategy for the future.
What it means
The needs assessment will help the mental health and wellbeing of children, young people and their families by:
- giving us a better understanding of the social, economic, environmental, and other factors that can increase the risk of mental health problems and how we can reduce them
- reporting on the things that can impact on a child or young person’s mental health and emotional wellbeing and thinking about strategies to help
- finding gaps in current prevention programmes and support services
- thinking about their current and future needs and making recommendations to meet them
- making sure that inequalities of children, young people and their families are considered