Apply for a caravan site licence
To run a caravan site you need a licence.
To apply for a caravan site licence, make an application for a caravan site licence at GOV.UK.
Submit the application online or post your application to: Department for Place, Licensing Service, PO Box 1954, Bristol, BS37 0DD.
We will aim to have a decision within 60 days of a submission.
If you have not heard from us by the end of the 60 days, you can act as if your application has been granted.
Conditions of your licence
Conditions may be attached to your licence such as:
- restricting when caravans can be on the site
- controlling the types of caravans on the site
- controlling the positioning of the caravans
- making sure steps are taken to improve the land
- fire safety and fire fighting controls
- making sure that sanitary facilities and services are supplied and maintained
You must be entitled to use the land as a caravan site.
Licences will not be issued if you have had a site licence revoked within three years of the current application.
Your licence will last as long as you have planning permission for the site.
For fees, use our fees and charges information.
Appeal a licensing decision
To appeal a decision, contact us by phoning: 01454 868001 or emailing: email@example.com.
If your appeal is not granted, you can apply within 28 days of the written notification of the refusal to Bristol Magistrates’ Court or Bath Law Courts to serve a Notice of Appeal.