Who can get a Diamond Travelcard bus pass
A Diamond Travelcard allows eligible residents to have free off-peak travel on local bus services anywhere in England.
You are eligible for a Diamond Travelcard when you reach the state pension age, receive a qualifying benefit or meet the disability criteria.
Your main residence must be within South Gloucestershire. Visitors on a temporary visa are not eligible.
You can find more information below.
You can find out if you are of qualifying age by using GOV.UK’s State Pension age calculator.
Automatic qualifying benefit
You will automatically qualify if you:
- receive the higher rate mobility part of Disability Living Allowance
- receive Personal Independence Payment (PIP) where you have been awarded at least eight points in the ‘moving around’ or ‘communicating verbally’ activities
- receive War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- hold a Blue Badge parking permit
Your disability must be permanent and have lasted at least 12 months, be likely to last at least 12 months or likely to recur.
The disability must have a substantial effect on your ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.
You qualify under one of the disability categories if you:
- have a sight impairment
- are profoundly or severely deaf
- are without speech
- have a disability or have suffered an injury which has a substantial and long-term effect on your ability to walk
- do not have arms or have long-term loss of the use of both arms
- have a learning disability which includes significant impairment of social functioning
- would be refused a driving licence due to a medical condition