Apply to be a weighbridge operator
Anyone operating a weighbridge needs to hold a certificate of competence.
A weighbridge is a machine used to weigh large vehicles like trains, lorries and boats.
How to apply
To apply to become a weighbridge operator email email@example.com to request an application form.
Once you receive the form you can complete it and email it back to us.
Your application must be approved before you can operate a weighbridge.
What happens next
You will be tested to make sure you can use a weighbridge competently and honestly.
Decisions on applications will be made within 28 days of submission of a completed application form.
An operator’s certificate will then be issued.
- carry out weighing on demand (unless you have a good reason not to)
- carry out the weighing fairly
- provide a written statement of the weight to the person requiring the weighing
You must keep a record of each weighing for 2 years including:
- the date and time of the weighing
- the name and address of the person making the request
- details to identify the vehicle
- the type of load on the vehicle
Fees and charges
There is no fee for this service.
Weighbridges in our area
For weighbridges in South Gloucestershire check our public weighbridges page.