Volunteering is a great way to give something back to your community. There are many volunteering opportunities available in South Gloucestershire.
We have listed some ideas below.
Parks and open spaces
You can volunteer in our parks and open spaces in different ways including:
- join a friends group to helps look after parks, woodlands and local nature reserves
- get involved with in bloom groups to support your local area with flower displays
- support conservation work
Find more information on our volunteering in parks and open spaces page.
We have many volunteering opportunities in our libraries including:
- supporting the summer reading challenge
- offering one to one support to those who are new to IT
- visiting people who are unable to visit their local library
Find more information on the volunteer at our libraries page.
If you would like to carry out regular litter picking in your community or for a one-off event we have litter pickers, gloves and bag hoops available to borrow free of charge.
Find more information on our litter picking page.
The armed forces charity SSAFA offers a wide range of volunteering opportunities in your local area.
Find more information on the SSAFA website.
Health and care
If you would like to volunteer in health and social care you can find opportunities with Well Aware which is part of the local health and social care charity The Care Forum.
Find more information on the Well Aware website.
Duke of Edinburgh’s (DofE) awards
You could help young people to gain positive life-changing experiences, grow confidence and fulfil their potential.
Find out how to get involved as a voluntary leader or supporter.