If you are from Hong Kong and a British national (overseas) you and your family can apply for a British national (overseas) visa. This allows you to live, work and study in the UK.

You can apply for a visa from outside or inside the UK to stay for either:

  • 2 years and 6 months
  • 5 years

Once you are in the UK you will be able to extend your visa if you want to stay longer. You can apply to extend your visa as many times as you want.

If you meet the requirements, you may apply for settlement after five years and British citizenship 12 months after settlement.

The government has an online welcome guide for all British National (overseas) status holders. This has information in Cantonese on how to access services and understand life in the UK.

Welcome event on Wednesday 26 October 2022

We are holding a welcome event for Hong British National (Overseas) individuals and families in South Gloucestershire on Wednesday 26 October 2022 from 2.00pm – 4.00pm and repeated 5.00pm – 7.00pm at Aerospace Bristol, (Concorde Museum), Hayes Way, Patchway BS34 5BZ.

There will be the opportunity to speak to representatives from South Gloucestershire Council, Health, Police, Fire, South Gloucestershire Chinese Association, Bristol Chinese Church and Chinese Community Wellbeing Society. You can ask questions and find out about a wide range of services in your local area and meet others who have recently arrived in South Gloucestershire.

Information about this event in Cantonese can be found on the image below or on the PDF download.

Information in Cantonese on a welcome event for Hong British National (Overseas) individuals and families on Wednesday 26 October at Aerospace Bristol

Beta This is our beta website