Early Help Community Networks grants
This grant fund of £30,000 has been set up through the South Gloucestershire Families in Focus programme.
Community groups and organisations can apply for grants of up to £2,000 for sustainable projects that support:
- promoting positive family relationships
- improving financial stability
- reducing stress factors that impact the family environment and parenting
- improving active family engagement in the community
- improving family resilience
The funding is available until end of April 2024. We would like to support a wide range of projects across South Gloucestershire.
What the grant is for
This grant is aimed at supporting sustainable projects with a measurable impact beyond the funding provided.
The purpose of this grant is not to provide funding for underlying running costs of an organisation or for one use items that cannot be reused (for example, giving away free items to residents).
How to apply
We will consider applications that can demonstrate they:
- address needs
- benefit the whole family with a focus on outcomes
- identify gaps and needs in provision
- contribute to addressing inequalities
- contribute to the wider determinants of health e.g. poverty reduction, digital poverty etc
- provide an early understanding of the diverse needs of children, young people, and families
- show long-term sustainability
- strengthen relationships and link individuals to the information and support they need
- measure impact and success
Examples of suitable projects:
- positive family activities that support health and wellbeing
- community Wi-Fi set ups which address digital poverty
- skills based community learning groups
- family resources for community venues
- training or workshops to address needs identified in Early Help Core Offer
- community event to promote an aspect of Early Help Offer
You will need to give a brief outline of your project and explain how you will measure its impact and success.
What happens next
A small panel will meet monthly to review applications.
After a funded project has finished, we will ask organisations to complete and submit a brief evaluation form.