Order a death certificate
You can order a replacement certificate for deaths that took place in South Gloucestershire.
You will need provide the following in writing with your application:
- full name of the person
- date of death
- place of death, for example the hospital or address where a death occurred
- your name, address and contact phone number (these details are necessary)
- a stamped, self-addressed envelope for us to send you the replacement certificate
We will phone you to take the payment by debit or credit card, so remember to include a daytime contact number with your application.
Download and print application form
If you have access to a printer you can download, print and complete an application. You can also visit the register office at Kingswood Civic Centre, High Street, Kingswood BS15 9TR to complete an application.
Where to send your application
South Gloucestershire Register Office
Department for Resources and Business Change
PO Box 1953
Tel: 01454 863140
Fee and payment
Each replacement certificate costs £11.
Express service certificates cost £35.
Family history research
If you are researching family history, a full range of general register office indexes are available on microfiche at the following locations:
- Birmingham central library
- Bridgend reference and information library
- The British library
- City of Westminster archives centre
- Greater Manchester county record office
- The London Metropolitan Archive
- Plymouth central library
As well as the birth, marriage and death indexes for the whole of England and Wales, indexes for recent events such as the adopted children register, civil partnerships and births, deaths and marriages of British citizens that have been registered overseas are also available.
It is not possible to buy certificates at any of the above locations, although some may provide internet access to the general register office online certificate ordering service.