Enterprise Emersons Green
World-leading centre of research and technical innovation.
Located in a strategically important position alongside the A4174 ring road in South Gloucestershire, this enterprise area benefits from excellent transport access around the eastern fringe of Bristol and directly to the M32 and M4/M5 motorway corridors.
- hosts businesses from the digital, creative and microelectronics sectors
- supported by local universities and colleges
- 9 miles to Bristol city centre, 13 miles to Bath city centre, 66 miles to Oxford, 111 miles to London
- Bristol Airport is 17 miles away, Heathrow 97 miles
- 2.5 miles of dual carriageway access to the M32 which links directly to Bristol city centre and the M4 / M5 motorways within two junctions
- Parkway mainline station 6 miles with a regular journey time to London of 1 hour 30 minutes
- the science park is on the Metro Bus network providing fast links to Bristol city centre
Bristol and Bath Science Park
Bristol & Bath Science Park is a world-class environment that provides the space, flexibility and support for science and technology businesses to accelerate their growth and success. The Park offers opportunities for businesses to connect, grow and develop.
The Park’s networking, meeting and conference spaces have been designed to encourage people to meet, discuss and inspire each other.
From virtual offices and shared office space to exclusive fully serviced offices and flexible office space the Science Park helps you hit the ground running, offering a wide range of high-spec office solutions.
Established companies looking to expand or move into a dedicated space or premises will find the Science Park the ideal location.
Discover more about the Bristol & Bath Science Park.
Institute for Advanced Automotive Propulsion Systems (IAAPS)
The IAAPS team, based in at the Bristol & Bath Science Park and University of Bath, take real world problems from industry and apply the best academic minds with access to state-of-the-art facilities to solve those challenges.
The team has been supporting propulsion research for over 40 years, combining academic and industrial expertise in all propulsion types to develop smarter and cleaner engines, powertrains and driver technologies.
At the forefront of research innovations in the propulsion sector, IAPPS facilitates joint partnerships and collaboration projects that can support the transport sector’s drive towards net zero emissions.
Find out more on the IAAPS website.
The launch of the UMBRELLA network was a world-first and created an impressive network that can accelerate collaboration between established businesses and innovation hubs.
A joint project between South Gloucestershire Council (with the backing of West of England Combined Authority and Local Enterprise Partnership) and Toshiba aims to provide an open platform for the testing and evaluation of:
- innovation in robotics
- wireless communication,
- smart city
- general Internet of Things in a real-world environment.
For more information visit the UMBRELLA webpage or contact Umbrella@southglos.gov.uk