Location and infrastructure
Located between Bristol and Bath with excellent transport links. Whether you are looking to start, grow or relocate your business, you will find opportunities, support, inspiration and innovation in South Gloucestershire.
Home to a range of nationally and internationally known businesses and a thriving local economy. It has been described as the economic engine room of the West of England with the 11th highest GDP in England outside of London and the highest per capita GDP in the West of England region.
South Gloucestershire on the map
Key transport links
- M4, M5 and M49 motorways run through South Gloucestershire providing easy access
- 2 hours away from London by car and 90 minutes by train
- Bristol Parkway train station provides fast links to London, Birmingham, Cardiff and Southampton
- 4 smaller rail stations providing good commuter connections
- Filton Abbeywood train station serving the Ministry of Defence (MoD)
- Yate train station serving the town and industrial area
- access to 45 million people (over 70% of the UK population) within 300km (4 hour HGV drive time)
- M4 east-west connections to Cardiff and London
- M5 north-south connections to the Midlands and Exeter
- trains every 30 minutes to London
- 100 international destinations from Bristol Airport
- part of the technologically advanced Port of Bristol.
Regeneration and investment
We are working on strategic, infrastructure led masterplans for the regeneration of our local towns and area. You can find out more on our Regeneration page.