Green Infrastructure Strategy
We are working with our partners, communities, and residents on a strategy for greener places in South Gloucestershire.
The aim of this new strategy is to strengthen the way we work together towards a shared vision for ‘greener places where people and nature thrive’.
About the strategy
The strategy explains why we need to improve the network of green spaces and water courses (green infrastructure) across our area, and the action we plan to take.
It shows how we will link our work to regional, national, and global commitments to protect the environment and how important that is.
We call this the ‘green thread’.
What it means
By putting this strategy into action for greener places, we strive to achieve:
- protected and restored nature
- greater resilience to the changing climate
- sustainable water management
- improved health and wellbeing for all
- sustainable places
- valued healthy landscapes
- sustainable and local food production
- a green and resilient economy
- stronger partnerships
These outcomes contribute to the:
- West of England Joint Green Infrastructure Strategy 2020 (JGIS)
- Climate Emergency Strategy
- Council Plan 2020 – 2024
Have your say
The strategy is in draft form, and we would like to know what you think.
You can read the strategy documents.
The strategy consultation is now open until 12 September 2021.
You can complete a survey about our draft strategy on the consultation website.
Stay up to date
By signing up to our consultations you can stay updated.