Support your local high street this Christmas
This Christmas we are asking shoppers to consider local traders for their Christmas shopping.
On average households spend an extra £740 in December. If just 20% of this was spent on high streets in South Gloucestershire, this would be £16.3 million for the local economy.
Throughout December we will showcase different traders in South Gloucestershire, as well as promoting local Christmas events and activities taking place.
Competition – £100 in shopping vouchers up for grabs
Voting for this competition has now closed and the winners will be announced shortly.
Watch the video below to see all 31 entries from across our high streets in South Gloucestershire.
Terms and conditions
Only one entry per person. Voting closed 5pm on Sunday 19 December 2021. The winner of the prize draw will be announced the week commencing Monday 20 December 2021.
The trader with the most votes will also win £100 in shopping vouchers and there will be six prizes of £50 for runners up.
List of shops and businesses accepting our Christmas shopping vouchers
- 54A Hair & Beauty, Hanham
- A.S. Golding, Hanham
- Beauty Within, Kingswood
- Castle Crafts, Thornbury
- Craig Anthony’s Hair Designers, Downend
- Eclectic Gift Shop, Hanham
- Elite Fitness, Thornbury
- Fabrics Plus, Downend
- Foxhills Jewellers, Thornbury
- Gamescene, Kingswood
- Go To IT, Filton
- Hair and Beauty at the Square, Staple Hill
- Holistic & Pregnancy Massage Therapy, Thornbury
- Horders, Thornbury
- Jason’s Trading Post, Staple Hill
- John Woods Cycle Repair Centre, Hanham
- Jon Howell Family Butchery, Chipping Sodbury
- Koala Kreations, Chipping Sodbury
- Kustom Floors and Furniture, Downend
- Melanie’s Kitchen, Downend
- Mobile Phone Repair Centre, Kingswood
- Mokka, Downend
- Nature’s Choice Health & Refill Shop, Chipping Sodbury
- Nicky’s Street Food Hub, Chipping Sodbury
- Papilio, Thornbury
- Pzazz, Hanham
- Riddiford’s, Thornbury
- Roobroo, Thornbury
- Shabby Chic, Chipping Sodbury
- Share Bristol – A Library of Things, Kingswood
- Surroundings, Thornbury
- Susan Charles Hairdresser, Station Road, Yate
- Swagger Gifts, Chipping Sodbury
- Sweet Treats, Staple Hill
- The Card Shop, Staple Hill
- The Friendly Eco Bristol, Staple Hill
- The Hampton’s Deli, Chipping Sodbury
- The Horseshoe, Chipping Sodbury
- The Reptile Zone, Filton
- The Squire Inn, Chipping Sodbury
- The Swan, Thornbury
- The Thornbury Clinic, Thornbury
- The Thornbury Deli, Thornbury
- Thornbury Garden Shop, Thornbury
- Toll House Clinic, Chipping Sodbury
- Venus School of Dance, Hanham
Christmas events across South Gloucestershire
Saturday 18 December to Tuesday 4 January
- Snowman Trail in Thornbury – Thornbury Chamber of Commerce are doing a Snowman Trail between Saturday 18 December and Tuesday 4 January, details can be found on the My Thornbury website
Winners of our High Street bee trail still have time to enjoy a shopping buzz spending their vouchers with local traders
Thanks to all of you for following our Bee Trail this summer – it’s been a hive of photo activity and we’ve loved seeing the selfies of families next to the bees.
Winners have now been selected and we hope you enjoy spending your vouchers in local shops – you have until 31 December 2021.
The trail took place from 24 July to 18 September 2021 and has created a buzz around the region as many families collected the 16 bees decorated by local artists and at the same time enjoyed what their local High Street has to offer, whether sampling food, local produce or facilities.
Thank you to everyone who took part.