Guidance for events
Guidance on attending events
During the Covid-19 pandemic, holding, attending or celebrating events might not be possible or need careful thought and planning.
We want you to be able to enjoy yourselves but staying safe and protecting everyone is our priority.
Stay at home
Right now, the safest place for everyone is at home. This can be difficult, especially with young children but there are lots of online resources, ideas and fun games to try. For inspiration visit the NHS Change4life activities website.
Activities at home could include:
- reading a book to your children
- baking with them
- watching a Christmas movie (it’s never too early!)
- staying in touch with friends and family online with a children’s quiz or storytime
If you do need to go out, stay safe
- go on an autumn leafy walk in your neighbourhood
- if you visit a park, avoid the busiest times and if there are lots of people, go back at another time
- get up early and watch the sunrise
- make up a flask of hot chocolate and go on an evening nature hunt when places are generally quieter
- if you plan to visit somewhere, book ahead, most venues are offering timed entry slots