Dementia day care at Cambrian Green
We offer day care for residents with dementia at our Cambrian Green centre in Yate.
The day centre offers care for up to 25 people each day who have dementia and are living at home.
How our day care can help you and your family
We provide a stimulating and supportive environment that has been designed with consideration of the needs of people who are living with dementia who attend.
We offer a wide range of activities for people with different needs, led by an experienced team.
Our care allows family members have a respite break from their caring duties whilst knowing that their loved one is safe and occupied.
For many people living with dementia, day care activities can help to:
- improve wellbeing and quality of life
- strengthen life skills that help maintain independence at home
- provide social opportunities that help to reduce feelings of isolation
Our activity programme includes:
- reminiscence activities
- group discussions with themes such as sporting memories
- living skills such as cooking, baking, gardening, DIY
- music, song and dance
- art and crafts
- active games such as snooker, table tennis and darts
- community links with local schools and colleges
- relaxation and sensory care
Lunch can be provided and charged separately for those that want it.
How to benefit from our day care
Before you can have a place at the day care centre your support needs will need to be assessed by one of our social workers.
Contact our customer service centre on 01454 868007 to ask for an assessment of your needs.
Day care centre opening hours
The centre is open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm and is closed on bank holidays.
Cambrian Green day service is based at the dementia day care centre at Wellington Road, Yate, BS37 5AD
If you would like an informal chat about dementia day care you can call us on 01454 864790 or email your query to email@example.com