Government and NHS advice
- How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- Government response and action plan
- COVID-19 guidance for health professionals and other organisations
- COVID-19 guidance for clinicians
- Public information materials
- British Sign Language (BSL) advice videos
- Government coronavirus information service on WhatsApp
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
Get the latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19), including how you can avoid catching or spreading coronavirus.
Visit the NHS website for self-isolation advice if you have coronavirus symptoms.
The GOV.UK website provides guidance for people with confirmed or possible coronavirus (COVID-19), including information on cleaning and the disposal of waste.
The guidance is also available in an easy-read format:
* recently updated June 2020
Government response and action plan
- GOV.UK: coronavirus latest news and announcements
- GOV.UK: coronavirus action plan
- GOV.UK: Number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and risk in the UK
COVID-19 guidance for health professionals and other organisations
These pages contain Information on COVID-19 including guidance for professionals helping people in education, transport and other sectors.
COVID-19 guidance for clinicians
These pages have links to the up-to-date guidance healthcare professionals need to respond to COVID-19.
Public information materials
You can find some of the key public information materials from Public Health England below, in a variety of formats:
- Coronavirus A4 poster
- Coronavirus easy-read information
- Looking out for each other poster – A4
- Looking out for each other poster – A4 Print
British Sign Language (BSL) advice videos
You can watch these videos individually or as a playlist
- The government’s coronavirus leaflet in British Sign Language
- Coronavirus essential advice
- Coronavirus and home isolation advice
- How to spot the signs of coronavirus
- How to use the NHS if you have coronavirus symptoms
- Coronavirus and not touching your face
- Coronavirus and door handles
- Coronavirus and cash machines
Government coronavirus information service on WhatsApp
The UK Government has launched a GOV.UK Coronavirus Information service on WhatsApp. The new free to use service aims to provide official, trustworthy and timely information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19), and will further reduce the burden on NHS services.
To use the free GOV.UK Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp, simply add 07860 064422 in your phone contacts and then message the word ‘hi’ in a WhatsApp message to this number to get started.
A set of options is then presented which the user can choose from. By replying with the relevant option number you will be sent relevant guidance from GOV.UK pages as well as links to GOV.UK for further information.
You can read the GOV.UK news story Government launches Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp for more information.