Changes to collections over Christmas and New Year
From 25 December until 11 January, your normal collection days will change.
Check the dates below for when your collection day would normally be and the rescheduled collection day.
Normally: Friday 25 December
Rescheduled to: Monday 28 December
Normally: Monday 28 December
Rescheduled to: Tuesday 29 December
Normally: Tuesday 29 December
Rescheduled to: Wednesday 30 December
Normally: Wednesday 30 December
Rescheduled to: Thursday 31 December
Normally: Thursday 31 December
Rescheduled to: Saturday 2 January
Normally: Friday 1 January
Rescheduled to: Monday 4 January
Normally: Monday 4 January
Rescheduled to: Tuesday 5 January
Normally: Tuesday 5 January
Rescheduled to: Wednesday 6 January
Normally: Wednesday 6 January
Rescheduled to: Thursday 7 January
Normally: Thursday 7 January
Rescheduled to: Friday 8 January
Normally: Friday 8 January
Rescheduled to: Saturday 9 January
From Monday 11 January 2021 collections will be back to normal.
Help us with our collections:
- flatten your cardboard boxes and cut up large boxes
- rinse out your bottles, jars, cans and plastics to remove food
- sort your recycling to keep similar items together
- put your bins and recycling boxes out by 7am on your collection day, even if we don’t normally collect from your house first thing
- put extra recycling out in plastic bags, keeping similar items together in one bag (make sure glass bottles and jars are in a green box)
- don’t put paper or greetings cards with glitter, foil or plastic on them in your recycling
- if your collection has not taken place by 6pm on the scheduled day report it, take your containers back on to your property and put them back out for collection by 7am the next day (including Saturday).
Make use of your weekly recycling and food waste collections this Christmas, check what can be recycled from home on our how to sort your waste and recycling page. You can order replacement or additional recycling containers if you need them.
The Sort It recycling centres will be closed on 25, 26 December and 1 January. They are open as normal on the 27 to 31 December. Find a tip or recycling centre.
More information on using the recycling centres during Covid-19.
Recycling hints and tips
You can ‘like’ us on Facebook for tips to help you recycle more this Christmas.
Recycle your real Christmas tree
If you have a real Christmas tree, recycle it. Find out how on our recycle your real Christmas tree page.