Business support grants discretionary fund
The Discretionary Business Support Grants can provide financial aid to some small and micro businesses towards ongoing fixed costs if they can demonstrate a significant drop in income as a result of the coronavirus pandemic restriction measures.
We are opening up the opportunity to apply for this grant for a third time, with a particular focus on small and micro businesses who operate from a residential premises. So far we have provided financial aid to more than 220 businesses with over £1.3m funding and we are keen to widen this out and support more smaller businesses by including local businesses that operate from residential premises.
Who can apply
The fund will prioritise the following businesses:
- businesses in shared or flexible spaces (such as units in industrial parks, science parks and incubators which do not have their own business rates assessment)
- regular market traders
- small charity properties in receipt of Charitable Business Rates Relief that would otherwise be eligible for Small Business Rates Relief
- Bed and Breakfasts that pay council tax rather than business rates
The following are also able to apply:
- independent businesses – those that are not eligible for small business rate grants due to payment to a landlord of all-inclusive rent
- charities and community organisations – those not eligible for small business rate grants due to payment to a landlord of all-inclusive rent
- childcare nurseries – those with a rateable value over £15,000 who will not have received business support grants to date, or that are not eligible for small business rate grants due to payment to a landlord of all-inclusive rent
Before you apply
Check the frequently asked questions if you have any questions on eligibility, criteria, grant amounts or other aspects of the grant.
Read our privacy notice which explains how we will use your data.
You should be aware that funding claimed through unlawful behaviour will result in prosecution and action taken to reclaim any funds issued.Apply for a Discretionary Business Support Grant