Have a Covid-19 rapid test at a testing site
If you are 16 years or older without coronavirus symptoms you can visit our community (rapid) testing site at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre to have a rapid test (lateral flow).
You can either just turn up or book an appointment.
You must wear a face covering at the test site unless you are exempt.
Monday – 8.30am to 7.30pm
Tuesday – 8.30am to 5.30pm
Wednesday – 8.30am to 7.30pm
Thursday – 8.30am to 5.30pm
Friday – 8.30am to 5.30pm
Weekends and bank holidays – 9am to 1pm
The rapid testing does not replace the government’s testing programme for those with symptoms. If you have symptoms, you should book a test on GOV.UK or call 119.
Book a rapid test
To book a test we will need your:
- email address
- mobile phone number
You will need a smartphone to show your booking and register on NHS Test and Trace (there will be a device available if you do not have one).
What happens at a rapid test?
The following video shows what happens at a rapid test. There is no sound but a text version is below.
At the rapid test site:
- you will be asked to register on NHS Test and Trace using your smartphone
- the test assistant will explain the process of the test to you, give you the kit and direct you to a booth to carry out the test
- you will lightly blow your nose, sanitise your hands, then take the swab out of the packaging – without touching the fabric end
- use the mirror provided and swab your tonsils or tonsil site – sweeping up and down three times, then insert the same swab into your nostril as far as it will comfortably go and rotate the swab around your nostril
- raise your other hand when you have finished and the test assistant will ask you to put the swab in the test tube and your sample will be processed
You will get your results by email approximately 30 minutes after you take the test. This can take longer when busy.