Coronavirus (Covid-19): service updates, support and health advice.

Online planning, building control and licensing services will be unavailable between 2pm and 3.30pm on Saturday 29 January. This is because of essential maintenance.

The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) is now providing Local Authorities (LA) with PPE for distribution to eligible services and providers.

Who can apply

The following services and providers can apply:

  • the adult social care sector that cannot access free PPE via the Government’s portal – for example care providers not registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
  • personal assistants including; Local Authority, Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) commissioned and funded through personal health budgets
  • unpaid carers
  • all education settings; primary and secondary (including private), further education and early years providers
  • mental health community care
  • domestic violence refugees
  • rough sleeping services

Before you apply

This is for Covid-19 related PPE requirements only. We advise that you read the relevant guidance documents below on using PPE before you apply.

You should be aware that checks will be made to applications to prevent fraudulent claims.

Apply for PPE

If you have difficulties placing an online order, contact us by email at or call 01454 864139.

Guidance on using PPE

You can find information and advice on how and when to use PPE correctly on GOV.UK. Guidance includes:

General guidance

Domiciliary care

Education and childcare during coronavirus

Health and social care workers working in the community

You can also watch the following NHS YouTube video which explains how to put on and remove PPE.

Government PPE portal

The government’s PPE portal is functioning and providing PPE requirements for the following services:

  • GPs
  • residential social care providers that are CQC registered
  • domiciliary social care providers that are CQC registered
  • pharmacies
  • dentists
  • orthodontists
  • optometrists
  • children’s care homes and secure homes
  • children’s residential special schools
  • community drug and alcohol services

Beta This is our beta website, your feedback can help us improve it.